The family has run our traditional guesthouse for four generations. In a peaceful, quiet area surrounded by forests pastures and fields, there are no major highways in the vicinity, so you will not be disturbed by noisy cars. There is a bus stop with connections to the city center directly across from the hotel.
You can get to and from Fulda quite easily. There is a large playground in the middle of the town commons for the children. Sit back and enjoy our 'down home' cooking in one of our newly decorated lounges, or try out one of the nearby restaurants. Try our homemade Wurst specialties and our home baked sourdough bread.
We serve suckling pig all year long, and offer crispy roasted goose in the fall (after St. Martins Day - Nov.11). You're sure to feel relaxed and right at home with us.
Trätzhof is a spacious community north of Maberzell that was founded during the National Socialist regime. The residents of the village of Dalherda were relocated to make room for the construction of the military training area of Wildflecken. This forced relocation occurred between May and September 1938, with many residents moving into unfinished houses.
There is mention of a settlement with one or two manors on the "Dreets" as early as 1361 - including one owned and run by the Fulda Jesuits which was in the process of expanding. After several changes of ownership between 1847 and 1900 Prince Ernest Von Solms Braunfels became the owner. He subsequently sold it to the Reich's relocation department shortly before World War II.
The village is a typical "Angersdorf" with all buildings grouped in a rectangular form around a main street with a village commons in the northern section and a bakery, fire department, school, and church (1956-57) in the southern section. In the center is a former administrative building (Trätzhof # 28). It is a simple, two story Fachwerk house built in 1848. Inside the building is a crest stone with the inscription "Fürst Ferdinand Solms Braunfels, 1896". The gables of all the houses are built at right angles to the street. Each lot is exactly the same size. The architecture of the National Socialist era follows a uniform style that is most obvious in the exterior styles of the buildings.
In this case we have small town households with a massive ground floor / living area and a second story under the roof with an exterior of German stucco. The pitched roofs are shingled with ceramic tile that covers adjoining stalls and barns. The materials are widely used throughout the village - the same tile and stucco format used for stalls and living areas alike.
Outside rafters and window frames are stained with uniform color. Barn / stall doors have an arched opening. The guesthouse located very close to the village commons, and a small blacksmith on the eastern side are integral parts of the settlement. Also characteristic of the town are the many cherry trees planted along the main streets. The entire town of Trätzhof is a homogenous settlement in the style of a small village.
The second level in the development of the settlement was the formation of a village politic that was primarily guided by military interests. As an architectural record of the times the entire village has been declared an historical site.